Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with Avocado Crema
- SERVES: 6
- PREP TIME: 20 min
- COOK TIME: 30 min
- CALORIES: 410
Super-Flavorful Vegetarian Burrito Bowl Ingredients
Although you can make your veggie burrito bowl with just roasted vegetables and canned beans over rice, adding a few more steps and ingredients to the recipe will transform it into a delicious and healthy meal everyone wants. These easy burrito bowls can be made with:
- ½ lb. Cauliflower Florets.
- 3 Bell peppers.
- 1 yellow Onion.
- Olive oil.
- 2 limes juiced. 1 for the crema and 1 for the rice.
- Taco seasoning.
- 1 can of Beans. Pinto or black.
- Salsa. Jarred or homemade
- Romaine lettuce.
- 2 cups of Rice.
The burrito bowl’s colorful and hearty vegetarian ingredients can be seasoned in a variety of ways. Sometimes it’s worth going the extra mile. This lovely avocado crema makes a burrito bowl look a lot fancier. The avocado crema also makes the burrito bowl look a little more cohesive and ties everything together. Here’s what you need to do to make your veggie burrito bowl extra special.
- 1 Fresh Avocado
- 3 cloves diced fresh Garlic
- ⅓ cup of Sour cream
- 1 lime juiced
- Cilantro to taste
Putting together your Burrito Bowl
It is mostly a matter of assembling a burrito bowl. It is possible to prepare most of the ingredients ahead of time and make them easy to put together. This is how we approach the burrito bowl recipe.
- Cilantro-lime rice: Cook rice in a rice maker for the best rice. Or just season some leftover rice with a little cilantro and lime juice.
- Veggies: Heat a bit of olive oil in your pan. Add Cauliflower florets, diced peppers, diced onions and taco seasoning, cook on low to med heat for about 30 minutes.
- Beans: Add beans and salsa to a pan and heat for about 3 minutes
- Mix the avocado crema ingredients together and place them in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
- Rough chop your Romaine.
- Assemble and enjoy!